Thursday, December 20, 2007

B.Y.O.A (Bring Your Own Art)















One of my first photography exhibitions in Bangalore.

Organised by BYOA, gave me an excellent exposure to art buyers & artists. Had displayed 5 of my close to heart wildlife works which were on display cum sale for 3 days ( December 7th,8th & 9th 2007) at the Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath.

I was introduced to BYOA through a friend of mine Stephen Paul Dass (stevie) who also is a part of the team of three of BYOA that is Rahul Venkatesh & Jose P.L.

I got to know quite a few budding & experienced artists; some were from CKP & some selling art for more than a decade. To name a few :

mithila – artist
deepak – sculptor
pooja – artist
sushma – art visualizer
manas – photographer
vivek – photographer
padmanabh – photographer
kalavathy – painter
neha - sculptor
pallavi - artist

rathod - painter

It was an unique experience meeting this lot, having spent not more than coupla hours with them I realised how deep their thinking is in terms of their work, creativity, visualisation, story, reality........... every artist I met had their own story for what they had displayed & what they hadn't (which existed in their photo album). This was one passionate lot I had ever met or interacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment